Monday, March 19, 2012

Easy, Healthy Cheesecake Snack

I'm a creature of habit when it comes to food. I would almost say I have a "feeding schedule", not unlike a baby...or an animal in the zoo. I like it because it breaks up my work day nicely and keeps my blood sugar and energy level at a pretty even level throughout the day. For me it's all about breakfast, mid-morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack and dinner.

For my mid-morning snack, I usually try to have some sort of high protein, fruit combo and usually it's raisins and almonds, dessert tofu squares, or yogurt. Recently, I discovered a new amazing snack combo that makes me feel like I'm treating myself to one of my favourite desserts in the mid-morning.
Faux Cheesecake Parfait- and it couldn't be easier! The star of this snack is PC Blue Menu Individual Strawberry Cottage Cheese Cups.

One container is 110 calories and an awesome source of protein. I crumble up one graham cracker and mix it in for a taste and flavour combo that is really similar to cheesecake.

Other snack/meal suggestions for this strawberry cottage cheese: use it in a smoothie instead of yogurt, use it dip for a fruit platter, spread it on toast/ english muffin/ toaster waffles, or use as a filling for a dessert grilled cheese sandwich with sliced strawberries and top with icing sugar. Some hosting party ideas: hollow out strawberries and scoop in a spoonful of cottage cheese, scoop onto phyllo pastry squares or mini tartlet shells .
For more info on this product and some other healthy snack ideas and products- check out the PC website.

No comments: