Sunday, March 13, 2011

California Roll Salad for the Canucks game


I came across a recipe in a magazine a few months ago, loved the idea, and have been meaning to try it out with a twist. Last night, Jayme hosted a crew to watch the Canucks beat the Flames before we headed out to watch one of our favourite local bands Rosco perform.


The sous chef and I attacked this project with gusto and were so happy with the results. It looked, and more importantly tasted amazing (if I do say so myself)! 

The elements:
Shredded iceberg lettuce
Chopped cucumber
Shredded Carrot
Roasted yams with light teriyaki
Imitation Crab Legs
Chopped Avocado
Chopped Nori (dried seaweed)
Pickled sushi ginger
White rice (with rice wine vinegar)
The Dressing (rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, minced pickled ginger)


I can't wait to play around with this recipe more....spicy sashimi, smoked salmon, wasabi peas, shrimp...

No comments: