Monday, September 13, 2010

A side dish takes the spotlight: Jobin's Salt and Vinegar Potatoes

The humble potato. Not my favorite vegetable. Not even my favorite root vegetable (what up yams and squash!!!)


Don't get me wrong- I've been known to enjoy a side of fries, potato salad at a picnic, mashed potatoes at thanksgiving and seasoned oven roasted potatoes with a roast beef dinner. But I've never really been blown away by potatoes on their own before....until recently. If you like salt and vinegar chips, you will love this dish that I enjoyed at a recent "Sibling Steak Dinner" hosted by my friend Jobin.
Select a starchy potato (so no russets)- like golden nuggets.

Cut them a little thicker than chips. Boil them with the top covered in white vinegar for 10 minutes. If you want them extra vinegary, you can let them stand in the vinegar for an additional 10-20 minutes.
Remove from vinegar, toss in olive oil and sea salt, place in oven at 350 degrees and roast for another 15-20 minutes. Remove and serve.

No comments: